In order to continuously improve our products, we have taken steps in collaboration with Vertima, a firm specializing in LEED® certification, for the evaluation of our products to meet with requirements of LEED® certification.
We present below a summary of all possible credits according to LEED® Canada NC 2009 for HONCO buildings :
AES 5.1 Sustainable Sites: Protect and restore habitats
AES 7.2 Heat Island effect : Roof WE (Water Efficiency)
EAp2 Minimum Energy Performance
EAc1 Optimize Energy Performance
MR2 Construction Waste Management
MR3 Material reuse
MR4 Recycled Content
MR5 Regional material
QEI 3.2 Construction IAQ management plan: Before occupancy
QEI 4.1 Low emitting materials: Adhesives and sealants
QEI 7.1 Innovation in Design
PR1 Durable building
Honco has all required documents regarding potential credits and can rapidly provide information for a specific project. Feel free to contact us for more information.
- Savings from 25 to 40% on construction costs compared to other types of steel buildings.
- Requires 20% less lighting fixtures compared to same brightness in other types of construction.
- Savings from 20 to 30% on heating and cooling costs.
- Building structure is 20 to 30% quicker to erect compared to other types of steel buildings.
- Unpainted or factory baked painted steel with highly corrosion resistant hot dipped coating.
- Structural ceiling allows for 20% less inside volume to heat or to cool thus reducing operating costs.
OUTSTANDING THERMAL INSULATION EFFICIENCY
- Installed using brackets and wood lathing that does not compress it.
- Installed from the inside, and is therefore sheltered from bad weather.
- Without thermal bridge.
- Wall thermal insulation faced with shop-laminated Kraft/ aluminum reinforced vapour barrier.
- Well ventilated roof space insulated with blown glass fiber thermal insulation located above the ceiling panels.
HIGH PERFORMANCE BUILDING ENVELOPE
- Structural panels are fabricated from thick gauge steel sheet giving better bending strength since they act both as the structure and the exterior cladding of the building.
- Bolted assembly giving more strength and durability than simple liner and screws assembly.
- Unique roof truss system.
- Structural ceiling panels with Galvalume finish that reflects light.
- Best guarantee in the construction industry.
- Installation of solar panels
- Recovery of rainwater
- Optimization of natural light